Tuesday, November 5, 2013

TILL DEATH DO US PART!

My friend Akshaya was getting married. The marriage took place in Hyderabad. I am her only friend, so I had to reach Hyderabad 1 week before the marriage to give her company.

I landed at the airport at around 10 pm. My flight was delayed by more than 5 hours because of some technical problems. I was so tired and stressed out, sitting at the airport for hours. I breathed a sigh of relief as I got my bags and rushed outside to get into a cab and go home.

When I came outside, there were no cabs available. I was waiting for a long time, but in vain. It was already 11.00 pm. I was scared to go in an auto as it was too late and I thought it won't be safe for me.

My mobile battery was also down and I couldn't call my friend to tell her about my whereabouts. I was waiting patiently. I heard an announcement saying a flight had arrived from Chennai. I had a small hope that I would get a cab when the next flight arrives.

After few minutes, I saw many people coming outside. I was happy thinking that I would go home soon. But, no, many people had their relatives waiting  to pick them up from the Airport. There were no signs of any cabs.

I was really frustrated. I noticed a guy standing alone with the earphones plugged into his ears. He looked decent. I was getting late and I wanted to ask him if he could give me a company to my friend's house in an Auto. 


Me: Hey! (He couldn't hear me as he had earphones plugged. So, I went and touched him to get his attention.)
Me: Hey! I'm sorry to disturb you, but can you please give me company to my friend's house? It's already very late and I'm a little scared to go alone in auto. I'm new to this place. Can you help me, please?
Him: Not a problem. I will drop you safely. Even I was getting late. Where do you want to go? 
Me: Umm, I want to go to Janchaitanya colony, house no: 42. Is it close to the place you want to go?
Him: Yea, I will tell him to drop you first. Don't worry. (He smiled)
Me: Thank you so much! :) 

We got into the auto and headed to our destination.

Him: Where are you from?
Me: I'm from Mumbai. I came to attend my friend's marriage.
Him: Oh! Even I came to attend my friend's marriage.
Me: That's great. Where are you from? 
Him: I'm from Chennai. 
Me: Oh! So "Namma ooru chennai ku periya visulu podunga", huh? (Chennai super kings title song)
Him: Haha, Of course! :) :) 

I reached my place. I gave him Rs.100 as my share for the auto fare. He refused to take it. I thanked him and went inside her house. 

Akshaya and me are childhood friends. She moved to Hyderabad when her dad got transfer. But, we were in touch. Her family is really sweet. They consider me as their own daughter.

I was really happy to meet Akshaya after almost 2 years. She was getting married and I was so excited. It was already late and we went to bed. 

Few days had already passed. We were having a blast. Akshaya was enjoying her last days of bachelorette.

The Marriage Day - August 9th, 2011

The day came. She was not single anymore. I was so happy for Akshaya that she found her love. We were clicking photos and having a blast.

Suddenly I noticed someone very familiar to me. It was him. They guy who helped me out. He saw me and rushed towards me.

Him: Hey, how come you are here?
Me: The bride is my friend. I came to attend her marriage. You tell me. What are you doing here?
Him: The guy is my friend. Haha, I never in my life thought I would see you here!
Me: Yeah, same here! :) :) Btw, what's your name? I forgot to ask you that day! 

Him: My name is Jai. What's your name? 
Me: I'm Aparna. I'm so happy that I met you again...

It was really good talking and knowing more about him. We exchanged our numbers. We shared the incident with Akshaya and her husband. It was really a special day.

The Distance

I don't know whether it was love at first sight or just a crush. That whole day I was with him and I was feeling really special. He was different. Her marriage got over and I was back to Mumbai. I seriously missed him. It was really nice being with him.

Months had passed. We became very close friends. More than friends, maybe. We were in touch through emails, texts and Skype. We could always make each other laugh.

By now, I was sure that it was not just crush. It was love. I loved him.  I didn't know how he felt about me. I didn't have the guts to express my love. The distance did not matter to me at all. I just wanted to be with him.

I tried to convey my love for him indirectly many times. I don't know whether he did not understand it or he didn't want to understand. But, I was sure he knew that I loved him.

The Platinum day of love - January 26th, 2012

I had to go to Chennai for a meeting from my office. I was so excited. I wanted to meet him. My tickets were already ready. My flight was at 7.30 pm. I messaged Jai very happily. 


I was sad reading his message. I seriously thought he was not interested in me and I was just assuming things. I did not reply anything to him.

It was time for me to board the flight. I wanted to tell him that I love him and wanted to meet him. But, something was stopping me from messaging him. What if he rejects me? 

I landed at the Chennai Airport. Took my bags. I was totally lost in my own world. I went outside the gate and was waiting for my office car. I called the driver and he said he was stuck in the traffic. I was already irritated and this made me mad! 

Suddenly, my phone beeped. It was Jai's message.


He did not reply anything. I was searching frantically everywhere in the airport. I tried to call him, but he was not responding.

Suddenly I noticed a smiling face looking at me. It was him. I saw him.  He had come to see me. I was the happiest person in the world. He was holding his DSLR. He clicked my photo. I ran towards him. I wanted to hug him, but I was hesitant. I didn't know how he will take it. I stood there looking at him.

He pulled me gently towards him and hugged me tightly. I never expected this. He was holding me tight. We hugged and I laughed and cried with relief and disbelief and every other feeling I think I've ever felt in my life. 

He whispered in my ear. " I love you ". 
I was in a state of shock when I heard it. Shock? No, I don't know how I felt that time. I was more than just happy. I whispered back. " I was waiting to hear this from you! " and he said, " I know...".

As we untangled, I couldn't meet his eyes. I don't know why! I wanted to be in his arms forever. I love him so much!

"Why did you take my photo?'' I asked him, confused. "I wanted to capture this moment!" He said and kissed me on my forehead. :)

We had our dinner together and he dropped me in my office guest house. I didn't want to leave him. We were holding hands while walking. An awesome day, it was.  A voice spoke calmly and clearly, right inside my head -- " He is the love of my life" 

My meeting was over. It was time to get my flight back to Mumbai. He dropped me at the airport. It was really an awkward moment. I didn't want to leave him. We were sad. We did so many things, trying to make the most out of our time together. But honestly, it would have been alright if we had done absolutely nothing.


We are more than 1000 km apart! But, Distance means so little when someone means so much. I know we would be together, forever.

That day, the platinum day of love, we call it. Platinum because It is a reflection of love! Platinum as a precious metal is like our love which is eternal and does not tarnish. Because real love can only begin. Never end.











This post is written as a part of Platinum Day of Love Contest hosted by IndiBlogger.

51 comments:

  1. Wow. I liked this one :) n almost thought its a true story ;) , well parts of it.. is it? :P anyway, all the best for the contest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Will tell you soon! :) :)
      Thanks Keethy! I am waiting for your next post! :) :)

      Delete
  2. Don't tell me this is a fiction... amazing piece of work.. All the best for the contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty real, hope it happens in an even better way if you're still single ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you rakhee for visiting my blog! :)
      Haha, your guess is almost right! :) :)

      Delete
  4. Nice story! Best of luck for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pankti! :) :)
      All the best to you too!

      Delete
  5. Sweet story, Bhumi! :)
    Early Platinum Day & many more to come in the future! :)
    Best wishes for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much anita! :)
      Best of luck to you too! :)

      Delete
  6. Nice to read.. lovely one..!
    Hope you have enough platinum gifts already.. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! :D
      Thank you soo much! :)
      Best wishes to you too! :)

      Delete
  7. Its really a well written piece. Great work. all the best
    please read my post too
    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=295492

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aditi! :)
      All the best to you too! :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely story Bhumi. Yes, Distance means so little when someone means so much, All the best for the contest !!
    My Entry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir! :)
      I already read your entry!
      Best wishes to you too! :)

      Delete
  9. very sweet story and I hope it is as true as it it sweet :) Some coincidences such as the one you had at the station are worth a life time arent they :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are Seeta! :)
      Thank you soo much and best wishes for the contest! :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely ,,,very well written. Thanks for liking mine too :)
    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=291170

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth the like Dipti! :)
      Thank you! :) :)

      Delete
  11. First of all, I absolutely love the feel of the blog. You draw all these pictures? They are all really, really cute.
    The story is sweet. Long distance relationships are not easy. But the ones that work out, they are the strongest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nisha!
      No, I did not drew it :)
      Yes...very strong! <3 :)

      Delete
  12. Now Bhumi Let me Guess--This is a True story apart from the Name..I mean Your Name and I guess His name is as it is.. ;)
    So Love is in the air,right.. :D
    And When You are in true love distance is just a number.. :D
    I am staying away from my love like 3000 kms still I our love is always glowing.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Hush hush hush everyone's peeping! :P :P
      Wow Harsha! Awesome! May god bless u both! :) :)

      Delete
  13. Ah! Beautifully written :)
    Best wishes for the contest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much Kaushik! :)
      Best wishes to you too! :)

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nicely written. Love the pictures you've used, cute :) Fact or fiction, love is a universal theme. It's that fire which when lit, can spread lovely warmth. All the best. Cheers!

    My Entry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Raksha! :)
      Thank you so much!
      Best of luck to you too! :)

      Delete
  16. Nice one!!
    Read my post too at http://www.eatoutsdelhi.net/

    ReplyDelete
  17. "But, Distance means so little when someone means so much." - That kind of sums up the whole post :) Beautifully written. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww.... that's such a sweet story! Loved the write-up and images too. ATB :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bushra! :)
      All the best to you too! :)

      Delete
  19. Awww.... sooooooo sweet !!

    Gud luck for the contest

    http://www.sweetsharing.com/kismat-karma-a-little-kheer/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very lovely post indeed!
    www.numerounity.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow lovely story Bhumi, All the best for contest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dipali!
      Best wishes to you too! :) :)

      Delete
  22. this is so romantic. liked it. all the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Distance is nothing when it comes to love. Beautifully presented and written.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sweet! Very nicely presented! All The Best for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful post and good luck for the contest !!

    ReplyDelete