Friday, October 25, 2013

LIEBSTER - MY FIRST BLOG AWARD!

I logged on to my IndiBlogger account today morning to find an IndiMail from  Abhijnan Dasgupta of Muktodhara . He nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. This is my first ever blog award (Yayness!). :D Thank you Abhijnan! :) :)


As I am new to this blogging world, I was not aware of the rules in detail. So, I asked my friend Google and here is what I have understood. :P :P 
  • Each nominee must thank and link back the person who nominated them.
  • Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
  • Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
  • Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.It's completely optional to accept the award. If you want you accept it, answer the questions and nominate others.
The question/answer phase is one of the most exciting parts about these awards. You get to know more about your fellow bloggers. Having said that...


Here are the answers to Abhijnan's questions:

1)Imagine you are stuck on an unknown island with only a bar of chocolate. What would you trade it for:Clothes, A Boat or The Bible(The Gita or The Koran as you like)?Why?
I seriously won't trade it for anything! I will just keep the Chocolate bar with me. It's because, I love chocolates. I will sit alone in that unknown island and will enjoy my chocolate! :P :P

2)What’s worse? A screaming Boss on Fridays or an emotionally manipulative mom?Explain.
This is my favorite question! Lol, I don't know how a screaming boss on fridays makes me feel. So, It's emotionally manipulative mom! I love my mom but sometimes if she gives me statements like "If you loved me, you would do such and such for me" pisses me off! :-/

3)Take your pick: ‘Malibu with Brad Pitt/Penelope Cruz’ or ‘Candle Light Dinner with Deepika Padukone/Ranbir Kapoor?Why?
My pick is Ranbir Kapoor. He is so romantic and besharam! :P :P

4)What’s your Eureka! moment?
My eureka moment happened just few months back. It was when I decided to start a blog and was under this mission of making a customized header image. I was not able to make it initially. But, suddenly I discovered the way to fix it. I don't know If I can call it an "Eureka!" moment.

5)Blog or Diary:What do you prefer writing in?
I will definitely prefer writing in my blog. I will never write a diary, again, in my life. How will you feel when your parents read your diary? Awkward, right!?

6)What’s your definition of an ideal partner? 
An ideal life partner is who is committed, trustworthy and supports the feeling of his partner as this is the base of any relation to become stronger. Who is broad minded, frank and a positive thinker. 

7)What’s your romantic road trip: A Horse Cart ride near the Victoria Memorial in Calcutta or a long ride in your car on the Mumbai-Pune highway?
A long ride? Yes. But, in The Royal Enfield from Mumbai to Goa! :D

8)The world’s ending in 30 minutes. I can grant you three wishes. Ask ‘em fast! 
One, the world shouldn't end. Two, at least five 'THE' ROYAL ENFIELD lined up in my house. Three, to eat the best paneer in the world! :P :P

9)India’s biggest problem: Corruption or Disrespect to Women?(Alright you can say both but you gotta explain)
Both. We opted for democracy as our political system. But I have been wondering for quite some time - how democratic is Indian polity?

What if a doctor in a government hospital does not treat properly or does not give medicines? We can only complaint to the higher authority who won't act upon the complaint because he have been bribed by the doctor. This happens even in a ration shop or let it be getting a seat in a college or for getting a job.

India the "World's Largest Democratic country" has been accused of “failure” to curb incidents of sexual violence against women. Though after 23 year old Indian medical student who died of brutal assault and rape by six men on a bus in Delhi and after huge protests, many rape and assaults continue in India. There are many happening every 20 minutes. 

Though many protests and bills etc., happened for Corruption as well as for Women's safety, it still continues to be one of the biggest problems.

10)If you could apologise for some past mistake what would that be?
Well, that's something personal!

Bonus Question: One word for yourself.
Candid
 
Pheww! That's was a huge task! Now, my nominees are *drum roll*...
  1. If you were to write the story of your life, what might be the title?
  2. If you could have lunch with any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
  3. If you could be any animal for a day, what would you be and why? 
  4. Item on your “bucket list” that you would be MOST upset if you didn't accomplish.
  5. What’s something you regret, and how would you change it if you could?
  6. Name any 3 blogs you like and read everyday and why?
  7. Name one thing you would like to do before leaving this earth.
  8. If you could only wear one colour for the rest of your life what would it be? Why?
  9. What's the last dream you had that you remember?
  10. Morning or night person?
Now, It's your turn. I'm waiting....! 

 














10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award!
    Great way to link up with blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, congrtsssssss for the award. the qstns u hv answered n the qstns u hv asked frm others both r equally amazing .. will give my best shot ;) thnkxx again fr nominating me ...

    a humble suggestion plz remove this word verification process fr commenting (now I understood tht y my earlier comments did nt get publish on yr blog) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Bhavana! I am waiting to see some amazing answers! :) :)

      Delete
  3. Here you go Bhumi:)
    Thanks once again & Congrats! :D
    http://aficionadolog.blogspot.com/2013/10/now-i-am-liebster-award-winning-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete