Wednesday, October 9, 2013

DEAR MATH, SPARE ME!

I hate you Math, from the bottom of my heart, literally! 

I am a big loser when it comes to solving Math problems. During high school, i used to get only the minimum passing marks in Math. I was really surprised about how I managed to score at least that much! I even wished that somebody, someday would come and ban this subject for lifetime. My bad luck, I am still struggling with it. :-/

After my high school, I decided not to get involved with numbers. I had accountancy in my 11th and 12th grade and even in my first year of graduation, but that was pretty simple to do. I can take on addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. May be probability, percentage and average. But no, I can not stand Geometry, Time and distance, Time and work, etc.. 

Now, I am giving couple of bank exams and yeah, math is a part of it. Math is making me crazy. I know it is such a shame to grumble about Math at this age. But, I am helpless. It is really hard to memorize all the formula, tricks, shortcuts and all other damn things! 

Dear Math, Grow up and solve your own problems. And yeah, I am not interested in finding your 'X' ! 





16 comments:

  1. I hate maths too and funnily, I am also giving some bank exam and had to study math for that.
    I can totally sympathise with you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha..Same here But I hate only the Geometry and Trigonometry Part..Rest all are fine with me.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess, I am not alone! :P :P
      Geometry makes me insane!

      Delete
  3. Still waiting for the day that I will actually use

    x? + y +8 [(x + 2y ? = a-z] + 2x ? + (- 2z = 2. 4) + 10y - 5Z ?= k= 9

    in real life. . . . .

    A G+ for ur post and have a nice day. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! So true!

      Thanks manav! Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  4. Somehow I was most comfortable with Maths. I liked your post though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate Mathematics too, especially when I have to write its full form instead of just math. But you can't deny that it is a necessary evil in one's life. It helps us build critical thinking and reasoning and is crucial for mind development.

    This irony is though, students often lack good teachers capable of making it an interesting subject instead of complete nightmare for a student.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,

      I do agree with you! I have seen many students who love maths only because the teacher makes it simple for them! Sadly, I did not have a teacher like that!

      Delete
  6. Mental abuse to humans-ha ha ha.Anyway I can understand how you feel.I used to feel the same.Keep writing-talent shows

    ReplyDelete
  7. Students today live in the real world, so it seems that we could better serve them by limiting math to only real numbers...!!!
    Jokes apart..
    Hey Wait anyways good post...
    Happy weekend !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate Math too :(
    I flunked at the SBI bank exam because it had too much of maths in it! :(

    it keeps coming back to me all the time. can relate to your situation here.

    Defiant Princess
    http://www.khanvibes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was a member of I-Hate-Maths-With-All-My-Soul club until halfway through Plus One. My relationship with the subject has improved... if you can call moving from 'hate' to 'dislike' as improvement :D

    This post kinda reminded me of the one I did for the letter 'M' during the 2013 A-Z Blogging Challenge. You should think of participating in the next edition; it's held in April.

    ReplyDelete